Terry is a Founding Partner of Rockmoor Wealth Management and specializes in advanced corporate investment & insurance solutions. Terry works extensively with his business clients and their accounting firms to help them achieve their long-term goals and objectives.
Having worked in the industry since 1985, Terry’s comprehensive understanding of the financial advisory sector ensures he creates maximum value for his clientele across Canada.
A Fellow of the Canadian Securities Institute (FCSI) since 2008, Terry received his Financial Management Adviser, FMA designation in 2006, along with the completion of Professional Financial Planning, Securities, Ethics, and Conducts & Practices studies. Terry is also a Certified Executor Advisor (CEA).
Away from Rockmoor, Terry is an active leader in his local community, having served as a Director of the Campbell River Community Foundation and the Campbell River and Kamloops Rotary Clubs. Terry is currently an active member of the Nanaimo Daybreak Rotary Club.
Looking for an “at a glance” document covering all the important dates you need to know to stay on track with your financial planning in 2022?
Our 2022 financial calendar (which you can easily bookmark or print out) makes sure you’re always in the loop! It lists important dates, including:
• Payments dates for the Canada Child Benefit, CPP, OAS, and the GST/HST credit.
• When TFSA contribution room starts again.
• Tax filing deadlines.
• Charitable contribution deadlines and the last day to contribute to registered investment accounts.
• When the Bank of Canada interest rate announcements are.
The end of 2021 is quickly approaching – which means it’s time to get everything in order, so you’re ready when it comes time to file your taxes.
We’ve broken this article into the following sections to make it easy to find the tax tips you’re looking for:
• Individuals, including details on COVID-19 benefits and important tax credits.
• Investment considerations, including how to best contribute to TFSAs, RRSPs, and RDSPs.
• Families, including how to claim childcare expenses and make the most of RESPs.
• Retirees, including essential details about applying for CPP and OAS.
We’re approaching the end of the year, so it’s time to review your business finances. We’ve put together an article highlighting the most critical tax-planning tips you need to know as a business owner.
We’ve focused on:
• How to determine the right salary and dividend mix.
• The best ways to handle compensation.
• How to make sure you can take advantage of the small business deduction.
• What you need to know about depreciable assets and charitable donations.
• How to make the most of Covid-19 relief programs.
Take the Next Step
Our team in Nanaimo has acquired decades of experience specializing in providing quality financial advice in areas of financial planning, investments and insurance. Book a meeting with us to learn how we can help you with your finances.