David is an investment advisor in Nanaimo, BC and the Founding Partner of Rockmoor Wealth Management, specializing in high net worth corporate & personal financial planning, investment & insurance solutions. David is a Chartered Investment Manager (CIM)®, a Fellow of the Canadian Securities Institute (FCSI)®, a Personal Financial Planner (PFP)®, and a Certified Executor Advisor (CEA)®. David is also an active member with the Independent Financial Brokers of Canada (IFB) and the Million Dollar Roundtable (MDRT).
David’s educational background includes attending Ivy League Institution, Cornell University, in upstate New York. While at Cornell, David majored in Applied Economics and Management, maintained a 3.9 GPA, was a member of the National Society of Collegiate Scholars and was an Academic and Athletic All-American.
Before entering the financial industry, David played as a professional goaltender for 12 seasons. His last NHL stop was with the NY Rangers in the 2014 Stanley Cup Finals. Other NHL teams that David played for include the Phoenix Coyotes, Anaheim Ducks and Columbus Blue Jackets.
In his spare time, David is a volunteer firefighter (Deputy Chief) and certified First Responder with the East Wellington Fire Department. He is also a member of the Nanaimo Daybreak Rotary Club. David currently lives in Nanaimo, BC with his wife, April, and their 4 children.
Looking for an “at a glance” document covering all the important dates you need to know to stay on track with your financial planning in 2022?
Our 2022 financial calendar (which you can easily bookmark or print out) makes sure you’re always in the loop! It lists important dates, including:
• Payments dates for the Canada Child Benefit, CPP, OAS, and the GST/HST credit.
• When TFSA contribution room starts again.
• Tax filing deadlines.
• Charitable contribution deadlines and the last day to contribute to registered investment accounts.
• When the Bank of Canada interest rate announcements are.
The end of 2021 is quickly approaching – which means it’s time to get everything in order, so you’re ready when it comes time to file your taxes.
We’ve broken this article into the following sections to make it easy to find the tax tips you’re looking for:
• Individuals, including details on COVID-19 benefits and important tax credits.
• Investment considerations, including how to best contribute to TFSAs, RRSPs, and RDSPs.
• Families, including how to claim childcare expenses and make the most of RESPs.
• Retirees, including essential details about applying for CPP and OAS.
We’re approaching the end of the year, so it’s time to review your business finances. We’ve put together an article highlighting the most critical tax-planning tips you need to know as a business owner.
We’ve focused on:
• How to determine the right salary and dividend mix.
• The best ways to handle compensation.
• How to make sure you can take advantage of the small business deduction.
• What you need to know about depreciable assets and charitable donations.
• How to make the most of Covid-19 relief programs.
Take the Next Step
Our team in Nanaimo has acquired decades of experience specializing in providing quality financial advice in areas of financial planning, investments and insurance. Book a meeting with us to learn how we can help you with your finances.